Who has the greatest pumpkin in the Pacific Northwest?
That question will be answered at Krause Berry Farms this Saturday, Oct. 7 during the Pumpkin Weigh in Festival.
From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., visitors are invited to B.C.’s official Great Pumpkin Commonwealth (GPC) and only world recognized giant pumpkin weigh-off event.
Admission is free, but arrive early to the farm at 6179 248th St., for brunch and to enjoy the festivities.
• Paint a Pumpkin — purchase a pumpkin and decorate it for free;
• Make a beaded pumpkin — free of charge;
• Colouring station — free of charge; and
• Pumpkin ring toss, facepainting by donation, bouncy castle, balloon twister and Tic Tac Toe with pumpkins.
The weigh off start time is 11 a.m.
Giant pumpkins (squash, tomatoes and watermelon) are weighed in the order of their estimated weight, lightest to heaviest, with the largest pumpkins being weighed last. The length of the weigh-off depends on how many registrants enter. The winners will be expected to be announced at 2 p.m.
The GPC will be providing official plaques and ribbons for the following:
• First Place Engraved Plaque for Heaviest Giant Pumpkin
• First Place Engraved Plaque for Heaviest Giant Squash
• First Place Engraved Plaque for Howard Dill Award (prettiest pumpkin)
• Rosette Ribbons for 2nd to 10th Place Giant Pumpkins
• Rosette for Longest Gourd (first place only)
• Rosette for Giant Tomato (first place only)
• Rosette for Largest Watermelon (first place only)
• Rosette for Largest Field (Regular) Pumpkin (first place only)