Garage fire sends pair to hospital with minor injuries

Lawn mower fire results in $150,000 in damages

A lawn mower could have been the source of a garage fire that caused $150,000 in damage on Saturday night.

The owner at 1417 242 Street had just finished mowing the lawn before the garage and nearby lean-to went up in flames around 6 p.m., said Township fire chief Bruce Ferguson.

Firefighters from Aldergrove, Otter and Murrayville were dispatched to the scene.

The contents of the garage included two vehicles, a motorcycle and tools.

The owner and the owner’s son were taken to Langley Memorial Hospital with minor injuries, mostly from trying to retrieve items from the burning garage.