UPDATE: Pemberton Music Festival cancelled, no automatic refunds

In the past, the music festival located in Pemberton drew large crowds last year of 180,000 fans

This year’s Pemberton Music Festival has been cancelled and those who bought tickets may have a tough time getting their money back.

Pemberton Music Festival released a statement Thursday afternoon, announcing it has filed for bankruptcy protection with Ernst & Young apointed as the trustee in the claim.

As Pemberton Music Festival is “now in bankruptcy,” it says it has no ability to provide refunds for tickets purchased.

“However, ticketholders may file a proof of claim form as an unsecured creditor with EYI,” the statement reads, and “proof of claim forms will be mailed to known creditors in due course and made available on the trustee’s website.”

Refunds may also be available to ticketholders if tickets were purchased using a credit card, and ticketholders can contact their bank or credit card issuer directly to determine if a refund is possible.

The music festival which was set for the weekend of July 13 – 19 in Pemberton offers the option to camp on site and drew large crowds last year of up to 180,000 fans over the four day event. Tickets to camp were from about $500 to $700.

Headliners in the past have included Snoop Dogg, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar and Pearl Jam. This year’s acts were to include Major Lazer, HAIM, and Run the Jewels.

Social media accounts attached to the music festival have also been deleted.

More to come.


@ashwadhwani
ashley.wadhwani@bpdigital.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

WIND WARNING: Metro Vancouver expecting 100 km/h gusts Saturday night

Environment Canada issues warns of possibly dangerous conditions

VIDEO: Remember the Voyageurs at Fort Langley

Two-day historical festival underway

Fraser Health asking taxpayers for millions more in health care capital funding

Health authority wants Fraser Valley taxpayers to triple annual contribution to $5.75 million

Guilty plea issued in case where man, 86, was assaulted and robbed

Hughie Stump pleads guilty to break-and-enter in relation to Abbotsford incident

UPDATE: 24-year-old Lovepreet Dhaliwal ID’d as victim in targeted Abbotsford shooting

Location of shooting the same as where innocent bystander Ping Shun Ao killed in 2015

Mom delivers plastic mats to Langley’s homeless

Jenifer Kosman fashions sleeping mats from plastic grocery bags

VIDEO: Vancouver Giants blanked by Portland Winterhawks

Saturday’s 2-0 setback marks first regulation loss for G-Men in 10 games

VIDEO: Thousands join women’s march events across B.C.

Today marks one year since the first Women’s March on Washington

Two Canadians, two Americans abducted in Nigeria are freed

Kidnapping for ransom is common in Nigeria, especially on the Kaduna to Abuja highway

Are you ready for some wrestling? WWE’s ‘Raw’ marks 25 years

WWE flagship show is set to mark its 25th anniversary on Monday

B.C. woman who forged husband’s will gets house arrest

Princeton Judge says Odelle Simmons did not benefit from her crime

Snow warning in effect for the Coquihalla

A snowfall warning is in effect from Hope to Merritt as slush and snow is expected on highways this weekend

Vancouver hoping free public Wi-Fi expansion will drive tourism dollars

Mayor Gregor Robertson says expansion bolsters its “leading Smart City” status

Liberals’ 2-year infrastructure plan set to take 5: documents

Government says 793 projects totalling $1.8 billion in federal funds have been granted extensions

Most Read