The Delta Teachers’ Association (DTA) and The Delta Parents’ Advisory Council are co-sponsoring two all-candidates’ debates for the upcoming provincial election. The public is invited to attend.
• The first is for the riding of Delta-North, on Thursday, April 11 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Seaquam Secondary School, 11584 Lyon Rd.
• The second debate is for the riding of Delta-South, on Thursday, April 18 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Delta Secondary School, 4615 51 St.
“This joint event has been an enormous success in the past,” said DTA President Paul Steer.
“The essence of democracy is an informed public. Delta teachers are proud to join with parents in presenting this opportunity for dialogue with those who would represent us.”
All candidates for MLA for the two ridings have been invited; the hope is that all will attend.
The primary focus for the debate is public education. However, other topics of interest are also welcome. There will be time for questions from the floor as well as debate between the candidates.
Additional all-candidates’ meetings:
• The Leader’s sister paper The South Delta Leader is once again sponsoring an all-candidates’ meeting for candidates competing to represent Delta-South.
This year’s event will be held at Delta Secondary School’s Genesis Theatre, 5005 45 Ave., on Tuesday, April 16, from 6:45 to 9 p.m.
Independent MLA Vicki Huntington, B.C. Liberal candidate Bruce McDonald, and BC NDP candidate Nic Slater will be on hand to answer questions.
The event is in partnership with the Ladner Business Association and the Tsawwassen Business Improvement Association, and will be televised by Delta Cable.
• The Delta Chamber of Commerce will also be holding an all-candidates’ meeting for the Delta-South riding on Wednesday, May 1, from 7-9 p.m. at the Delta Town & Country Inn, 6005 Hwy. 17.
• For residents in the Delta-North riding, an all-candidates’ meeting is being held at the Delta Lion Public Houses, 11186 84 Ave., on Tuesday, April 30, from 7-9 p.m.
To let The Leader know about more all-candidates debates, email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-575-2744.