A Langley woman’s 1940s home was completely engulfed by flames on Thursday night.
Township fire crews were called to the two-storey home in the 400 block of 240 Street around 9:30 p.m. It’s believed a bystander saw the flames and alerted the woman inside.
By the time crews arrived, the rural home was consumed by flames. There was no way firefighters could get inside so they battled the blaze from the outside of the home.
The home owner was checked out by paramedics but was OK and no firefighters were injured. The house was reduced to rubble and ash.
The fire was started on the patio, said assistant fire chief Bruce Ferguson. No further information is known, he said.