A file photo of a Township of Langley fire truck.

A file photo of a Township of Langley fire truck.

Smoking material ignites mattress fire at Walnut Grove home

No injuries were reported

Township of Langley firefighters were called to a home in Walnut Grove after smoking material ignited a mattress fire.

Crews were called to a three-storey, single family home in a complex located at 20292 96 Ave. around 7:36 p.m., said Dale Steeple, assistant fire chief with the Township.

READ MORE: Sneeze likely to blame for driver crashing car into Walnut Grove home, RCMP say

“The fire was contained to a bedroom in the basement,” he said. “It appears the mattress started on fire from smoking material.”

One person was home at the time of the fire, who noticed smoke in the house and called 9-1-1, Steeple added.

There were no injuries reported. Crews were on scene about one hour.

READ MORE: Fire damages unoccupied house in Langley


Have a story tip? Email: joti.grewal@blackpress.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

firefirefightersLangleyLangley Township

Be Among The First To Know

Create a free account today, and start receiving free newsletters.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up